Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Kodak EasyShare Mini Review


The Kodak EasyShare Mini is an excellent choice for active people who want an uncomplicated, fun camera that takes decent pictures.


The Mini comes in red, purple, and blue.
Design

The Mini has an appealing, slim design. The Mini is about the size of a credit card, and is so thin, two Minis would equal my Kodak EasyShare C875 in thickness! It is the perfect size for carrying around in a shirt pocket. Even though it is small, the Mini has respectable specifications! It has ten megapixels and 3x zoom. The Mini would have more zoom in a perfect world, but for the casual picture taker, the Mini's zoom is more than ample.

Self portraits have always been frustrating for me. I usually end up with half of my face somewhere in the bottom left corner. However, Kodak has added a new feature to help people like me- it's a little mirror right above the lens. It is designed to help you frame a self portrait. Now, every time I take a self portrait, I'm centered in the picture.

To add to the streamlined look of the mini, Kodak made the buttons small and flush to the camera. I found myself using my fingernail to press the buttons, even though I have small hands! The streamline look is cool, though.


One of my favorite design features is the Mini's gorgeous screen. My pictures never looked more vivid! (The screen is actually more colorful that my LCD computer monitor.)





Picture Quality
The Mini takes pictures that equal those from my Kodak EasyShare C875. The Mini has excellent picture quality in bright light, and does a good job in low light.  I'll let the sample pictures above do the talking. (Note: These pictures have only been than cropped and re-sized. I haven't changed the colors, etc.)


Ease of Use
The Mini is very simple to use. It doesn't have a lot of complicated features, but its seventeen smart scenes give users a decent amount of creative options for a point-and-shoot camera. The Mini isn't for hard core shutterbugs, but does provide opportunities for experimentation.

However, I have one gripe about accessing these modes. First, you have to press the mode button on top, then scroll down through the options, and finally select the scene mode. Using a dial to access these options seems more efficient to me. But, again, does the casual picture taker mind this? Probably not a lot.

All in all, the Kodak EasyShare Mini is an excellent choice for people who are looking for a portable, fun camera to fit their lifestyle.

Product Info

Price:$99.95
Manufacturer:Kodak
Pros:
  • Great picture quality, slim design, very easy to use, 10mp, self portrait mirror, gorgeous screen
Cons:
  • Buttons are hard to press, mode menu structure inefficient

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!