Monday, August 1, 2011

Digital Zoom Without Image Quality Loss? Sony Says Yes

Sony is making some very bold claims about its upcomming Cyber-shot TX55 camera. They boast improved digital zoom that does not destroy image quality. I never like digital zoom because it just magnifies the existing pixels, making the picture grainy. I'll believe it when I see it with my own two eyes, but I'm eager to see if Sony can change my opinion. 
“Our new DSC-TX55 model redefines what a compact camera can do,” said Yosuke Tomoda, director of Sony Electronics’ Cyber-shot business. 
"The DSC-TX55 camera features a range of innovative new technologies, including “By Pixel Super Resolution” technology, which boosts the cameras’ zoom range to a virtual 10x without losing quality at the image sensor’s maximum resolution (16.2 million pixels). "
The new Sony Cyber-shot™ TX55 camera will be available for about $350 this September.

2 comments:

  1. Beside bold claims, they've chosen a bold color for the case! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! I've noticed that cameras are starting to come out in lots of cool colors. It makes my camera look rather bland. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!